Saturday, August 15, 2009

20 Pesos Bill ( Dated 2008 A )

I found this 20 Pesos bill when my classmate pay his Debt. Accidentally I Found out that this 20 Pesos was dated " 2008 A ".An Anonymous commented in this post that the Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) simply ran out of serial numbers for the standard 2008 notes (702 million, if you count single letter serial numbers), so to avoid duplicate serials, the "A" was added to the 702,000,001th note onwards.


( Front View )


( Back View )



Ok this is the closer view.

* Thankyou Joshua Garay - He is the one who pay this bill to me :P

9 comments:

  1. I got one in my change yesterday. Serial No prefix is YY. I wonder if they are rare. Would love to find out more about 2008A and whether it is just P20 or other denominations also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw 2 of these in 2 days at different places. Both 20's. Probably not an error or rare. Just unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 2 2008A from my classmate today. I still dont have enough information about this :( Hope you can help me.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. One plausible explanation is that they simply ran out of serial numbers for the standard 2008 notes (702 million, if you count single letter serial numbers), so to avoid duplicate serials, the "A" was added to the 702,000,001th note onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh i see thankyou sir for the information :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. do they have values I mean at least would they be worth something?


    just contact me at my friendster account at vryan_fuentelara@yahoo.com thnx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure.. but maybe yes? Haha this is the first time they made a date with A :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. is it true that 20 peso bill with 2008 A serial replace on any banks?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got 141 of these. I have been collecting since november of 2009! weee! and its still counting..

    ReplyDelete